This page was designed by Irene Doyle, January 1998, last updated Nov. 2000
DAMASE GODIN and SARAH BOUDREAU
Children of Damase Godin and Sarah Boudreau(1) Marie Godin, died June 10/1890, age 55 yrs
(Daughter of Joseph and Madeleine Landry)
born in Petit Rocher, New Brunswick !
Damase is son of Remi and Theotiste Lejeune
(2) Rose Godin, m. Feb.1/1876, Sylvestre Arseneault
(3) Caroline Godin born ca 1842, married John Hickey son of Edward Hickey and Angelique Lapointe
(4) Philemon born ca 1834
(5) Francis Godin, bapt. at 4 days, on 23/3/1861 (aged 5 mo. in 1861)
(6) Margaret born ca 1836
(7) Louise born ca 1839
(8) Tharsille Godin, born 7/2/1851
(9) Amey/Aime/Emile/Emma bapt. at 4 days on 22/3/1853 not sure if this one is male or female or two different children that I found here and there.
(10) Pierre (Peter) Godin (most of this family used the name Goodin in past records, bapt. at 9 wks, on 20/4/1855 - Married October 6, 1898 to Ellen Melanson daughter of Joseph & Mathilda Melanson. I only found the following children but more probably was born to them. J. Arthur born March 7, 1903 (PANB); J. Raymond born Jan. 12, 1905 (PANB) he married Eleonore Lapointe on May 11, 1933; J. Patrick born May 28, 1899 (1901 census).
(11) Joseph Godin, bapt. at 15 days, on 15/6/1857, m. Brigit Lapointe
(12) Madeleine Godin, bapt. at 4 wks, on 17/3/1859
(13) Francis ( a second one is listed in the 1861 census of Gloucester) aged 15
(14) John Godin (Later changed his name to Goodman and moved to the USA)
In 1871, the Restigouche County Census shows :
Gooden Thomas (Damase) aged 50, farmer, widower
Mary aged 30 (daughter)
Frazeel (Tharsile) aged 20
Emma( is this Emile, Aimey, Aime?) aged 18
Peter aged 15
Joseph aged 12
Madaline aged 10
Francis aged 8
John aged 6
It appears that Damase or Thomas married again in Dalhousie marrriages, it is listed:
Damase Godin, widower of Black Point and Eloise Bertin,
widow of the late Bernard Albert of Black Point, married Nov. 1, 1874.
But then again Damase is listed as a widower in 1881 census,
I find no other Damase Godin in Restigouche or Gloucester County that could fit in here.